Coming Soon: Lay’s Tastes of America 2018
According to the press release “Each of the eight regional flavors will be available at retail stores in their respective market beginning July 30 through September 23.” You can find a full list of each flavor and their market below. In addition, you can find a full variety pack with all 8 flavors at this Amazon link.
- Cajun Spice (Central Gulf): Prominently featured across beloved dishes like Jambalaya and Blackened Cajun Chicken, this Gulf Coast iconic flavor includes a mix of garlic, paprika, onion and oregano. The flavor celebration will take place at the Louisiana Shrimp & Petroleum Festival in Morgan City, La., from August 31 – September 2.
- Chile Con Queso (Texoma, Mountain, SoCal): Inspired by a Southwest favorite, this flavor infuses the legendary Tex-Mex taste of velvety cheddar queso with a dash of spice. The flavor celebration will take place at the Houston Food Fest on August 18.
- Chesapeake Bay Crab Spice (Mid-Atlantic): Inspired by crab shacks along the Atlantic, this flavor is a taste of the Bay with custom-blended spices ready to savor. The flavor celebration will take place at Chesapeake Crab & Beer Festival in National Harbor, Md., on August 18.
- Deep Dish Pizza (Heartland & Mid-America): A taste of the iconic stuffed deep-dish pizza inspired by the famous Giordano’s pizza recipe. The flavor celebration will take place at Navy Pier in Chicago, Ill., on August 11.
- Fried Pickles with Ranch (Midwest): A deep-fried favorite at Midwest state fairs, you can’t pass up the opportunity to try this fair food fav. The flavor celebration will take place at Missouri State Fair in Sedalia, Mo., from August 16 – 18, with Hannah Hart on August 16.
- New England Lobster Roll (Northeast): Inspired by the lobster shacks of the Northeast, fans can now get the flavor of fresh lobster served on a buttery grilled roll. The flavor celebration will take place at Maine Lobster Festival in Rockland, Maine, from August 1 – 5, with Hannah Hart on August 2.
- Pimento Cheese (Southeast): Inspired by Sunday socials and Southern charm, this flavor is a taste of creamy sharp cheddar with a hint of cayenne pepper. The flavor celebration will take place at Shrimp & Grits Festival at Jeckyll Island, Ga., from September 14 – 16.
- Thai Sweet Chili (Pacific Northwest): The food truck scene of the Pacific Northwest inspired this flavor, boasting the delicious blend of sweet chili sauce with a hint of heat. The flavor celebration will take place at Bite of Seattlefrom July 20 – 22, with Hannah Hart on July 20.
laystastesofamerica.com is now live and accepting pre-orders! Shipments start July 30th.
Coming Soon! Lay’s Tastes of America series is here for 2018 with 8 new flavors!
“From East Coast to West Coast, Lay’s is bringing you flavors that are inspired by home.”
• Thai Sweet Chili
• Fried Pickles with Ranch
• Cajun Spice
• Chili Con Queso
• Crab Spice
• Deep Dish Pizza
• Lobster Roll
• Pimento Cheese
Details were found on the back of a classic Lay’s chips bag by @mnmtwinz, including information about a promotional contest beginning 7/30. We would expect to start finding these chips on shelves around then, though a few Instagram commenters claim to have already spotted a few at Walmart.
We’ve reached out to Lay’s for more information about this release but haven’t heard back yet. Check back for updates!